Total Pageviews

Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools!!!!!!

So I'm not in to playing jokes or pulling pranks on April Fools day, but this year I decided for play a little trick. Making April Fools Cupcakes!!!! Oh yuuuuuuuummmy! You know me and my cupcakes. If theres a reason to make them I will!

Lo Mein and Spaghetti Cupcakes!
 I'm going to show you the process of how to make these. They are super fun and pretty easy! I've included A LOT of pictures because pictures are fun to look at!!!! I did chocolate and vanilla cupcakes.

I only took a pic of the vanilla cupcakes
I took alot of pictures of the Lo Mein cupcakes because they have alot more detail to them. These are the things you are going to need to make them.
  • 1 can of vanilla icing
  • green sprinkles
  • green Laffy Taffy or chewy Jolly Ranchers (I used Laffy Taffy's)
  • Twizzlers (the fruit flavors because you need the green one)
  • any kind of pink chewy candy (I used Laffy Taffy's)
  • yellow and green food coloring
 
Green Apple LaffyTaffy

cut the LaffyTaffy in half

squish one end of the square to look like a "broccoli stalk"
take a knife and cut to look like this.

The next things you will need is a little bag of green frosting and a small bowl of green sprinkles

cut a small part of the corner to let the frosting come out
  
squiggle it to make a few floret on the end

dip it into the sprinkles

it should look like this

heres all the "broccoli" done


Now you need to make the "scallions and meat"


cut twizzlers in to little thin pieces
cut the "meat" in to little chunks

Place your cupcakes on a plate or in my case I used a box. Better for transpertation. Make sure that your cupcakes are touching, it makes it looks more realistic and easier to ice. Tint the rest of your vanilla frosting with 3 drops of yellow and put into a pipeing bag. I use tips when decorating but if you dont have any tips you can just cut the corner of your bag. You want to pipe noodle like frosting on your cupcakes.
look its me!
it should look somthing like this

Start placing one piece of broccoli on each cupcake and randomly sprinkle your "meat and scallions"
TA'DA your done! Doesn't that look yummy and nasty at the same time!


Now for the Spaghetti cupcakes I was so exhausted I did not take any pictures but you put your cupcakes together the same way so they are touching and frost them the same with vanilla icing with 3 drops of yellow food coloring. The other things you will need for your spaghetti cupcakes are....
  • Hazelnut chocolate balls (Ferrero Rocher is what I used)
  • Strawberry Jam
In a bowl place your chocolate "meatballs" and put a scoop of strawberry jam in and toss to coat the "meatball." Place a tiny dollop of jam on top of your cupcake and then place the "meatball" on top of that! and WA'LA your done! Super easy for those.
YUMMY! All I need now is some garlic bread!
 *Funny Pictures*
I opened the eggs and saw this! One brown egg! I thought we
bought it like that but my dad told me that he got it from my cousin.
It was like second egg layed by his chickens!! LOL Looks
like we'll be getting FRESH eggs!
This is my little(BIG) bubba. He loves frosting too! Please
disreguard the wood carpet in the background! YES thats right
I said CARPET. My kitchen has wood carpet!
I hope this post wasn't so long I lost you 5 mins ago lol I just wanted to give as much detail so if you want to trick someone today with foody fun cupcakes you could! Please let me know if you have any request and I will see what I could come up with.

Have a Happy April Fools and Cuppycake Day
xoxo
Hayley

1 comment: